Johnson & Johnson (Pty) Ltd Healthcare Academy Terms and Conditions 2018
Report All Adverse Events & Complaints
Please report Adverse Events or Complaints within 24 hours
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +27 11 518 7100
- After Hours No: +27 84 556 6138
- Toll free No: 0860 410 032
- SMS JNJ & your comment
- SMS: +27 84 556 6138
Local Safety Officer: Tanya Roets.
This programme is only open to the following individuals namely, Front Shop Assistants, Pharmacist Assistants, Pharmacist and General Practitioners at practices.
Throughout the year there will be class tests where students will be required to answer multiple choice questions. These tests can be found on www.mypharmacyacademy.com. Once the members have completed the test they will receive their results immediately.
The programme also includes Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities, enabling registered healthcare professionals (General Practitioners, Pharmacists, Pharmacist Assistants, Clinic Sisters and Nurses) to earn CPD points. In order to earn CPD points, members are required to complete the CPD activities posted throughout the year, answer multiple choice questionnaires, and earn a minimum test result of 70%. More on this can be found under “CPD Rules and Regulations” below.
How we collect signups for the Healthcare Academy (via direct e-mail, direct mail, SMS, telecommunications and online)
- Voluntarily provided by you, via Johnson & Johnson (Pty) Ltd (“Johnson & Johnson”) representatives.
- Voluntarily provided by you, via subscription to the programme from SMS and/or Email and/or telecommunications.
- Voluntarily provided by you, via the Johnson and Johnson email email@example.com
- This programme is only available to a select group of health practices who have previously engaged with Johnson & Johnson representatives and have been sent an invite to join the programme.
- Personal Details: Name and surname, date of birth, location (province, city of residence)
- Contact Details: Cell number (more than one if applicable), email address, work contact information
- Additional Information: Highest qualification, job description, number of years on the J&J Academy Programme
We store the personal information of all our members on our Content Management System server, connected to the Healthcare Academy website. We use reasonable organisational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information, including the use of safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, enforcing physical access controls to our buildings and files and authorising access to personal information only for those employees, agents, contractors and third parties who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities or who require it to support you and your use of Healthcare Academy.
We may use any personal information provided by you for such purposes indicated to you in writing at the time you registered for the programme, including for the purpose of direct marketing of Johnson & Johnson products and services.
- We will contact subscribed members via SMS and email with content related to OTC healthcare and Johnson & Johnson products.
- We will contact subscribed members via SMS and email to inform you of availability of material and updates on the programme progress.
- We will contact you via SMS and email to ensure you have provided your correct contact information, and if it has changed, to ask that you update it via the Healthcare Academy website or email the changes so we can update them for you.
If you would like to review or change the details that you supplied to us, you can at any time, either view and amend some of your details by going to your profile on the Healthcare Academy website, contact the Johnson & Johnson customer care line, or contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org. You can request that your information be removed from Healthcare Academy records by emailing email@example.com
Although you can opt out of receiving communications at any point of the programme, we advise that you keep one of the services as they will assist you with timings and reminders of important dates throughout the year. You can opt out on a specific type of communication by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each mail, or by replying with the word “STOP” to opt out of receiving any further SMS notifications. If you no longer wish to participate in the programme in its entirety, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org at any time and request to be removed from the programme.
While we do our best to act on your preferences as soon as we can, please be aware that it may take up to 5 days for changes to be applied. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via email at email@example.com
The programme gives members two chances to earn CPD points per calendar year. Units can be earned by reading accredited articles on mypharmacyacademy.com or via physical articles sent to you and completing multiple choice questionnaires (either online or by faxing answer sheets to firstname.lastname@example.org). You must answer a minimum of 70% correctly to earn units. Results will be sent to participating members via email, one calendar month after the activity closing date. Members may only complete each activity once.
The Johnson & Johnson (Pty) Ltd Healthcare Academy is here to support your learning journey. This year you can expect to:
- Recognise basic symptoms and improve your background knowledge
- Receive easy-to-understand information on certain everyday products
- Build your confidence in product recommendation (remember, only pharmacists may recommend products)
- Build on your customer service skills
Prize draws and/or competitions may be run throughout the programme.
In all competitions the judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
- Winners are selected at random.
- Winners will be drawn within 10 working days of each promotion’s closing date.
- If you use a mobile phone or email address for entry into the competition your details must correspond with those you registered with, or your entry will not be counted.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by us prior to the closure of the competition or prize draw. Any entries which are not received by us prior to the closure of the competition or prize draw will not be eligible for participation, regardless of the reason for the late entry. We and our affiliates are not liable for the failure of any technical element relating to the draw and/or competition that may result in the unsuccessful submission of an entry.
- We and our affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize, or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
- Winners will be notified by means of the contact details they provided to us. Should we, or a third party supplier, be unable to contact a winner within 30 days, the winner will forfeit the prize and Healthcare Academy reserves the right to re-draw a new winner, under the same conditions.
- We and our third party agents, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third party agents.
- We and our affiliates assume no liability or responsibility whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from your participation in the draw and/or competition and will not entertain any direct correspondence with anyone in this regard.
- You indemnify and hold harmless Johnson & Johnson and its affiliates to the fullest extent allowed in law, against any claims arising howsoever from your participation in the draw and/or competition and/or use of the prize.
- The terms and conditions will be governed by and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
The Johnson & Johnson Healthcare Academy has introduced an Online web-based platform – mypharmacyacademy.com to engage with professionals and supply them with essential product and programme information and activities. This is accessible to all members who have received an invite to the programme via email, SMS, telecommunications, or direct mail and signed up to the programme.
- The site will hold two information packs and CPD activities, which will be uploaded at particular points in the year.
- Members will be able to submit CPD answers and competition answers via the site.
- All information packs will be available for download. All downloaded material is for the use of the member only and not to be distributed into the public domain.
- Members will be able to change or update contact information via the site.
In order to provide you with support for Healthcare Academy all personal information provided by you will be electronically stored by Johnson & Johnson on our Content Management System server, connected to the Healthcare Academy website located in South Africa.
You can request that your information be removed from Healthcare Academy records by emailing email@example.com
© Johnson & Johnson (Pty) Ltd 2020
This site is published by Johnson & Johnson (Pty) Ltd, which is solely responsible for its contents. It is intended for Health Care Professionals in South Africa.
Disclaimer: As per the Medicines and Related Substances Act, 1965, Section 22A(4) and (5), S1 and S2 product recommendations can only be made by a pharmacist, pharmacist intern or a pharmacist’s assistant acting under the personal supervision of a pharmacist.