Johnson & Johnson (Pty) Ltd Pharmacy Academy Terms and Conditions 2018
Report All Adverse Events & Complaints
Please report Adverse Events or Complaints within 24 hours
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tel: +27 21 710 4111
- After Hours No: +27 83 500 5370
- Toll free No: 0860 410 032
- SMS JNJ & your comment
- SMS: +27 83 293 3273
Local Safety Officer: Zandi Nkopane.
This programme is only open to pharmacy staff members, namely Front Shop Assistants, Pharmacist Assistants, Pharmacists, Clinic Sisters and Nurses.
Throughout the year there will be competitions and class tests where students will be required to answer multiple choice questions. This will put them in the running to win instant prizes. These tests can be found in the Study Packs and response mechanics are via fax & the Online Learning Platform. Results will be released the month following the test period.
The programme also includes Continuing Professional Development (CPD) activities, enabling registered healthcare professionals (Pharmacists, Pharmacist Assistants, Clinic Sisters and Nurses) to earn CPD points. In order to earn CPD points, members are required to complete the CPD activities posted throughout the year, answer multiple choice questionnaires, and earn a minimum test result of 70%. More on this can be found under “CPD Rules and Regulations” below.How we collect signups for the Pharmacy Academy (via direct e-mail, direct mail, SMS, telecommunications and online)
- Voluntarily provided by you, via Johnson & Johnson (Pty) Ltd (“Johnson & Johnson”) representatives.
- Voluntarily provided by you, via subscription to the programme from SMS and/or Email and/or telecommunications.
- Voluntarily provided by you, via the Johnson & Johnson Pharmacy Academy website.
- This programme is only available to a select group of health practices who have previously engaged with Johnson & Johnson representatives and have been sent an invite to join the programme.
- Personal Details: Name and surname, date of birth, location (province, city of residence)
- Contact Details: Cell number (more than one if applicable), email address, work contact information
- Additional Information: Highest qualification, job description, number of years on the J&J Academy Programme
We store the personal information of all our members on our Content Management System server, connected to the Pharmacy Academy website. We use reasonable organisational, technical, and administrative measures to protect personal information, including the use of safeguards such as firewalls and data encryption, enforcing physical access controls to our buildings and files and authorising access to personal information only for those employees, agents, contractors and third parties who require it to fulfil their job responsibilities or who require it to support you and your use of Pharmacy Academy.Who we share your information with
We may use any personal information provided by you for such purposes indicated to you in writing at the time you registered for the programme, including for the purpose of direct marketing of Johnson & Johnson products and services.
- We will contact subscribed members via SMS and email with content related to OTC healthcare and Johnson & Johnson products.
- We will contact subscribed members via SMS and email to inform you of availability of material and updates on the programme progress.
- We will contact you via SMS and email to ensure you have provided your correct contact information, and if it has changed, to ask that you update it via the Pharmacy Academy website.
If you would like to review or change the details that you supplied to us, you can at any time, either view and amend some of your details by going to your profile on the Pharmacy Academy website, contact the Johnson & Johnson customer care line, or contact us on email@example.com. You can request that your information be removed from Pharmacy Academy records by emailing firstname.lastname@example.orgOptional consent
Although you can opt out of receiving communications at any point of the programme, we advise that you keep one of the services as they will assist you with timings and reminders of important dates throughout the year. You can opt out on a specific type of communication by following the unsubscribe link at the bottom of each mail, or by replying with the word “STOP” to opt out of receiving any further SMS notifications. If you no longer wish to participate in the programme in its entirety, you can email email@example.com at any time and request to be removed from the programme.
While we do our best to act on your preferences as soon as we can, please be aware that it may take up to 5 days for changes to be applied. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.orgCPD Rules and Regulations
The programme gives members two chances to earn CPD points per calendar year. Units can be earned by reading accredited articles on mypharmacyacademy.com or via physical articles sent to you and completing multiple choice questionnaires (either online or by faxing answer sheets to email@example.com). You must answer a minimum of 70% correctly to earn units. Results will be sent to participating members via email, one calendar month after the activity closing date. Members may only complete each activity once.Competition & Prize Draw Rules and Regulations
Prize draws and/or competitions may be run throughout the programme.
In all competitions the judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Prizes are not transferable and may not be deferred, changed or exchanged for cash or any other item.
- Winners are selected at random.
- Winners will be drawn within 10 working days of each promotion’s closing date.
- If you use a mobile phone or email address for entry into the competition your details must correspond with those you registered with, or your entry will not be counted.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that any information which you provide to us is accurate, complete and up to date.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your entry is received by us prior to the closure of the competition or prize draw. Any entries which are not received by us prior to the closure of the competition or prize draw will not be eligible for participation, regardless of the reason for the late entry. We and our affiliates are not liable for the failure of any technical element relating to the draw and/or competition that may result in the unsuccessful submission of an entry.
- We and our affiliates will not be responsible for any harm, damage, loss or claim relating to the provision of any element of a prize, or any changes to a prize that may be made at any time.
- Winners will be notified by means of the contact details they provided to us. Should we, or a third party supplier, be unable to contact a winner within 30 days, the winner will forfeit the prize and Pharmacy Academy reserves the right to re-draw a new winner, under the same conditions.
- We and our third party agents, as the case may be, reserve the right to vary, postpone, suspend, or cancel the competition and any prizes, or any aspect thereof, without notice at any time, for any reason which we deem necessary. In the event of such variation, postponement, suspension or cancellation, you agree to waive any rights, interests and expectations that you may have in terms of this competition and acknowledge that you will have no recourse against us, our affiliates and third party agents.
- We and our affiliates assume no liability or responsibility whatsoever for any direct or indirect loss or damage arising from your participation in the draw and/or competition and will not entertain any direct correspondence with anyone in this regard.
- You indemnify and hold harmless Johnson & Johnson and its affiliates to the fullest extent allowed in law, against any claims arising howsoever from your participation in the draw and/or competition and/or use of the prize.
- The terms and conditions will be governed by and enforced in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa.
The Pharmacy Academy on Facebook is a closed group which is monitored by the database captured during the registration phase. Friend requests will be cross checked with the database and non J&J Academy members will not be accepted.
- All requests will be answered within 5 days.
- All content has been approved by the Johnson & Johnson Corporate Affairs team prior to posting.
- All queries or service communications concerning the programme will be attended to within 72 hours.
- All consumer requests will need to be verified using a member’s cell number or Johnson & Johnson Rep. name.
The Johnson & Johnson Pharmacy Academy has introduced an Online web-based platform – mypharmacyacademy.com to engage with professionals and supply them with essential product and programme information and activities. This is accessible to all members who have received an invite to the programme via email, SMS, telecommunications, or direct mail and signed up to the programme.
- The site will hold two information packs and CPD activities, which will be uploaded at particular points in the year.
- Members will be able to submit CPD answers and competition answers via the site.
- All information packs will be available for download. All downloaded material is for the use of the member only and not to be distributed into the public domain. Members will be able to change or update contact information via the site.
In order to provide you with support for Pharmacy Academy all personal information provided by you will be electronically stored by Johnson & Johnson on our Content Management System server, connected to the Pharmacy Academy website located in South Africa.
You can request that your information be removed from Pharmacy Academy records by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
© Johnson & Johnson (Pty) Ltd 2018
This site is published by Johnson & Johnson (Pty) Ltd, which is solely responsible for its contents. It is intended for Health Care Professionals in South Africa.
DISCLAIMER: As stipulated in Section 22A subsection 4 and 5 of the Medicines and Related Substances Act 101 of 1965, product recommendations can only be made by Pharmacists and Pharmacist Assistants acting under the personal supervision of a pharmacist (S1-S2). Any customer seeking medical advice from a Front Shop Assistant should be referred to the Pharmacist on duty.