OVERVIEW OF COOKIE CONSENT RULES
It is Johnson & Johnson policy that requires organizsations placing cookies through websites onto visitors’ computers to obtain their “consent” after providing clear and comprehensive information about how cookies are used on the websites.
To comply with this, we have taken four steps:
- Identified cookies and other tracking technologies served through this website, the purposes they fulfil, and related information such as their expiry and whether they are first or third party cookies.
- Assessed the intrusiveness of these cookies on visitors’ expectations of Privacy, based on the information collected in (i) above.
- Provided ‘clear and comprehensive’ information about website cookies with the appropriate level of disclosure corresponding with the intrusiveness of each cookie (See Cookie Settings Panel).
- Used an appropriate strategy for obtaining consent for website cookies, taking into account their use and intrusiveness. Certain types of cookie may qualify for legal exemptions and, where this is the case, consent will not be required for these cookies.
CONSENT STRATEGIES USED ON THIS WEBSITE
The appropriate consent strategy will depend on the intrusiveness of the cookie, taking into account:
- who serves the cookie (i.e. a first or third party)
- what data the cookie collects
- what purposes it fulfils
- how long it endures
- nature of the website through which it is served.
For cookies requiring consent, we follow a three-tiered approach:
- for cookies of medium intrusiveness: we use the same strategy as for low intrusiveness cookies and make contextual disclosures about cookie use at appropriate points on the websites (e.g. making cookie disclosures around targeted adverts or other website functionality which relies on these cookies).
- for cookies of high intrusiveness: we implement a prior consent strategy (e.g. the use of a banner / pop-up requiring visitors to consent to these cookies before they are served).
Implied consent for most cookies: cookies deployed through this website are of low to medium intrusiveness only.
Cookie disclosures by type, rather than by identity: Given the substantial number of Cookies served through websites, cookies are grouped by category (e.g. 'advertising cookies', 'analytics cookies'). This enables cookie disclosures that are simpler and clearer for consumers to understand.
NOTE: An assessment of the cookie types served through this website appears in Annex A and provides information about its purpose(s), expiry and information on refusing the cookies in “How to Block.”
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
HOW TO CONTACT US
Johnson & Johnson (Pty) Ltd Private Bag X6 Tokai 7966
Tel: 0860 410 032 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Annex A: Types of cookies used on this website
Cookies / tracking technologies served by Johnson & Johnson (Pty) Ltd (first party cookies)Type of Cookie
Cookies necessary for essential website purposes and functionsSource
Johnson & JohnsonPurpose
These cookies are strictly necessary for the proper operation of our site. They allow us to ensure the security and efficient delivery of our site.Expiry
The cookies we set for this purpose is automatically removed from your device once you close your browser except for one that may last for a period up to two years.How to block
You can change your browser settings to accept or refuse these cookies. As the means vary from browser to browser, you should visit your browser's Help menu for more information.
Cookies / tracking technologies served by Johnson & Johnson (Pty) Ltd service providers and other companies (third party cookies)Type of Cookie
Analytics cookies and technologiesSource
These cookies are used to collect information about how visitors use our site. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the site. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form, including the number of visitors to the site, where visitors have come to the site from and the pages they visited.Expiry
Some of the cookies set for this purpose are automatically removed from your device once you close your browser. Others may last for a period of up to 24 months from your last visit to our site.How to block
You can opt out of tracking by Google Analytics by visiting: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en-GB.